[Friends] Dover AFB Open House/Air Show (Thunder Over Dover)

friends at kc3arc.org friends at kc3arc.org
Sun Aug 20 17:35:11 EDT 2017

Doug:

Glad to see this email. I am planning to bring my Transworld 2010 (20m-10M) antenna along with the TE4040 center matching unit for 40M.  While the 20-10 will cover all of each band 20-10, the 4040 covers about 50 – 75 KHz of 40M. A tuner or transmatch SHOULD NOT  be used with this antenna due to potentially high circulating currents in the center match section.

So what section of 40 M would you like it optimized?  Right now it is optimize for 7.220 – 7.280 KHz. Again a transmatch or antenna tuner should not be used to try to extend the bandwidth. Picture attached.

I am also planning to bring my MFJ-1795 18ft 40-10 collapsible whip vertical with its’ loading coil and the Outbacker Outbacker tripod per the attached picture.  The antenna covers all of bands 40-10 meters. The loading coil is premarked for the bands.

Both of these antenna have been extensively used in field ops before with good results.

For radios, I am planning or bring my Icom IC-706 MKIIG and my Yaesu FT-897 radio. I also have boom mic/headphones for each.

For power, unless advised to the contrary, I will have my Honda EU2000i 2000watt inverter generator and my 35 amp rechargeable battery.   I will probably also have my Icom IC-703 10 watt transceiver with me in case we have to run low power.

Now the bad news. I was advised that my wife’s cousin’s daughter is moving into Dealware State University next weekend and I “may” be required to cart things up to Newark.  Awaiting final decision.   Otherwise I am planning to be there for setup and tear down each day and operating for some portion of the time.

See you tomorrow night.

Paul